Wednesday, February 27, 2013

The Unsettled Mind

I don't even know where to begin, mostly it is because I am paralyzed. Held in place by emotions that won't release their grip. They steal my breath and crush my soul like a weight on my chest. I've cried more tears in the past month than I think I did as a child. Tears that have clouded my vision and made it nearly impossible to start chipping away at the pain. There is no worse fear than to believe that you will be like this forever and nothing will lift you from the cavern of darkness. It might be easier if I had a reason, one stupid situation I could remedy, but there is no one thing. There isn't even a list I could review to make changes and start climbing. There is no flight for this spirit right now, no calming for the unsettled mind.

3 comments:

  1. The tears can't stay in forever. Maybe they won't chip away the pain, but they'll gradually erode it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. I never really thought of it that way. :-)

      Delete