Monday, May 13, 2013

TEN YEARS PAST


How can it be ten years past
All the times, I thought they would last

I was younger a time, waiting for life
Thinking eternal, chances were rife
The angst of youth, kept me at bay
The wrong things to do, forget what to say 

Rising too high, a trip to planes
Faces put on and the things I feigned
Wanting to fall, maybe in love
To far up to fall from above

Waiting to have it, I already did
Beneath layers of life is where I hid
I carried it with me all along
The paths I’ve taken had been wrong

Why didn’t I see it ten years ago?
I’ve been here waiting for myself to let go
Kept waiting for the changes to come
So Tired of being angry and numb

I’ll travel to there and stop over here
Keep running into all that I fear
Another drink will pass the night
But merely enhances the inner fight

Lost in the song, can move the mind
Deep in the lyrics is where I can find
Some meaning to follow something to guide
Ends up being somewhere else to hide

The learning comes, new places to tap
Won’t stand out here, can’t take the rap
Too many here to remember the names
The ones close by still handing the blame

Let me sleep on it, start it tomorrow
Within the out, some things I’ll borrow
Get up, get out, nothing has changed
Let down, let in, not rearranged

No comments:

Post a Comment